Where: Boston Harbor; Dorchester, Quincy, Mattapan, Milton, Hyde Park, Dedham, Canton, Westwood, Norwood, Stoughton, Sharon, Walpole, Foxborough, Medfield, Dover, Randolph
Mail: 2173 Washington Street, Canton, MA 02021
Brendan McLaughlin, President
NepRWA members, staff, Board of Directors, volunteers and supporters work to protect and restore the Neponset River, its tributaries and surrounding watershed lands for the benefit of present and future generations.
NepRWA accomplishes this mission through:
- Environmental monitoring, science, research and planning;
- Outreach and education to the general public and targeted audiences;
- Demonstration projects that highlight new and existing best practices;
- Political action at the local, state and federal levels;
- On-the-ground cleanup, restoration and preservation projects; and
- Advocacy and, when necessary, litigation.
NepRWA always strives to use a collaborative approach to carry out its mission but will employ legal action or other non-collaborative methods when necessary.
Neponset Area Watershed Communities:
Neponset Area Video
Did You Know...
The Neponset River Restoration Project presents a unique opportunity to restore historic spawning runs of herring and shad for 17 miles up the Neponset by removing or modifying two obsolete state dams (the Baker Dam in Lower Mills Dorchester and Milton, and the Tileston & Hollingsworth ("T&H") Dam in Hyde Park and Milton).