Ray Holman, President
Mail: PO Box 368, Pembroke, MA 02359
A grassroots organization, run by dedicated volunteers, the PWA began in the Fall of 2004, and covers Furnace, Hobomock, Little Sandy Bottom, Oldham and Stetson ponds. The mission of Pembroke Ponds is to educate the public and to restore and preserve the Ponds of Pembroke for clean and safe recreational use.
To accomplish our mission we:
- Monitor water quality and compile comprehensive reports
- Hold an annual pond clean up day
- Have a Weed Watchers program with classes given by DCR
- Give boating safety courses
- Partner with schools, businesses, other community groups and area watersheds
- Work closely with local governmental departments and commissions
Have on-going educational outreach with general public and youth
Pembroke Ponds Map
Did You Know...
Some fresh water algal blooms can produce toxins harmful to people and animals.Monitoring harmful algae is important because they can multiply quickly. Because health risks rise with cell counts, it is important to take action before levels that pose health risks are reached.